Engine & Compressor Automation
Power Ignition and Controls (PIC), a division of Spartan Controls, is proud to represent industry-leading suppliers of engine and compressor control solutions to the oil and gas and industrial markets.
With offices throughout Alberta, BC and Saskatchewan, PIC has over 30 years of experience providing engine and compressor control systems, ignition systems, instrumentation, emission solutions, and engine silencing systems. PIC also manufactures custom ignition harnesses and pyrometer systems for natural gas engines.
In addition, instrumentation and ignition repairs are provided in our Edmonton facility.
Subscribe to an RSS Feed
- New: The CSI 2140 Machinery Health Analyzer!
The next generation in portable vibration monitoring.
- PIC Solutions Announces Transition of Winters Product Line from Spartan Controls to PIC Solutions
PIC Solutions (formerly Power Ignition and Controls) is pleased to announce the transition of the Winters product line to the PIC Solutions business unit. The Winters pressure and temperature product offerings provide a strong complement to the overall PIC Solutions instrumentation line. The broader breadth and complement of products enables a more seamless sales experience for customers.
- Reduce Emissions and Increase Fuel Efficiency with the REM ECOplug
Much like a pre-combustion system, without the expense or control, the ECOplug is the newest innovation in lean burn technology.
- From Reactive to Predictive Health Monitoring on Reciprocating Assets
Don’t fall prey to the pitfalls of overall vibration monitoring in reciprocating machinery.
- Thermowell Calculation Service Helps Users Improve Measurement Reliability
Compliance with the new ASME PTC 19.3 TW-2010 standard provides more reliable thermowells
- Twelve Essential Capabilities for Reciprocating Compressor Condition Monitoring
The only way to ensure safe, reliable, efficient, economical operation of reciprocating compressors is to monitor them continuously and take appropriate action based on the information the monitoring systems provide. However, the variety of systems for monitoring and diagnostics can be perplexing.
- REMVue Tune-up Generates Fuel Gas Savings
If you're experiencing misfires or head failures, or just having a hard time starting up, find out how a tune-up can do more than just correct these type of problems.
- Murphy Adds New Features to PowerView 750 Display for Greater Integration Capabilities
Additional features to the fully-modular PowerView 750 display further expand the customization options available to the off-highway market. New features include increased language translation options, CANopen protocol support, service reminders and data logging capability.
- DeltaV Integrates with Machinery Health
Out-of-the-box machinery health diagnostics for operators; complete machinery monitoring for protection, prediction, and performance monitoring.
- Miratech's Catalyst Substrates - NEXT and VORTEX - More Efficient and Durable Than Traditional Industrial Engine Catalyst Substrates
The Miratech NEXT is a revolutionary substrate with multiple cascading turbulent zones. This design creates an element that is more efficient and durable than traditional open-foil catalysts.