REMVue 500AS FAQ’s
There is a shutdown/alarm that will not reset.
- Make sure the panel is in LOCAL.
- Check to see if the shutdown/alarm condition is clear. If it is a discrete input make sure the switch is closed (or open if set to normally open), this can be checked on the VERIFY DI PAGE. For analogs or temperatures make sure the process variable is not within the shutdown/alarm limits, this can be checked on the ANALOG/THERMOCOUPLE INPUT READINGS PAGES.
- Verify the ARM CLASS BbC is not enabled on the VERIFY DI PAGE.
The engine will not start.
- Make sure the engine is cranking over and the panel is showing an RPM.
- Verify the engine speed is > PURGE PERMIT SPEED, this setting is in the SEQUENCE PARAMATER PAGES.
- Make sure the fuel shutoff valve is opening and the governor valve is ramping open. Verify there is sufficient fuel pressure.
- Check the ignition to make sure it is firing.
The unit will not load, panel shows loading initiated.
- Make sure controls are in AUTO.
- Check the engine speed to make sure it is at the MINIMUM LOAD SPEED, this setting is found in the SEQUENCE PARAMETER PAGES.
- Check the CAPACITY OVERVIEW PAGE to see if what control is active and make sure it is not in an override condition (typically suction or discharge).
- Verify the engine air manifold pressure is tracking the air setpoint, this can be found on the AIR CONTROL page in the AFR PAGES.
- Verify the governor valve is tracking the speed setpoint, this can be found on the GOVERNOR CONTROL in the AFR PAGES.
The speed is not stable.
- Check the governor valve to see if it is not stable, it is normal for the governor valve to always be making small adjustments (0.1 – 0.2%).
- Check the air valve control to see if it is unstable, it is normal for the air valve to always be making small adjustments (0.2 – 0.5%).
- Check the fuel pressure to make sure it is not changing.
The unit keeps going down on underspeed, low compressor oil pressure or low engine oil pressure.
- Check to see if the load is changing and stalling the engine, the DATA LOG can be used to track pressures.
- Check the fuel system to make sure it is not causing the engine to quit.
- Check the ignition system.
Click here for a PDF of the manual.