REMVue 500S and PLC FAQ’s
There is a shutdown/alarm that will not reset.
- Make sure the panel is in LOCAL.
- Check to see if the shutdown/alarm condition is clear. If it is a discrete input make sure the switch is closed (or open if set to normally open), this can be checked on the VERIFY DI PAGE. For analogs or temperatures make sure the process variable is not within the shutdown/alarm limits, this can be checked on the ANALOG/THERMOCOUPLE INPUT READINGS PAGES.
- Verify the ARM CLASS BbC is not enabled on the VERIFY DI PAGE.
The engine will not start.
- Make sure the engine is cranking over and the panel is showing an RPM.
- Verify the engine speed is > PURGE PERMIT SPEED, this setting is in the SEQUENCE PARAMETER PAGES.
- Make sure the fuel shutoff valve is opening. Verify there is sufficient fuel pressure.
- Check the ignition to make sure it is firing.
The unit will not load, panel shows loading initiated.
- Make sure controls are in AUTO.
- Check the engine speed to make sure it is at the MINIMUM LOAD SPEED, this setting is found in the SEQUENCE PARAMETER PAGES.
- Check the CAPACITY OVERVIEW PAGE to see if what control is active and make sure it is not in an override condition (typically suction or discharge).
The unit keeps going down on underspeed, low compressor oil pressure or low engine oil pressure.
- Check to see if the load is changing and stalling the engine, the DATA LOG can be used to track pressures.
- Check the fuel system to make sure it is not causing the engine to quit.
- Check the ignition system.
Click here for a PDF of the manual.